Present at NCKP 2015 (July 29 - August 1, 2015, Chicago, IL)
The National Conference on Keyboard Pedagogy (NCKP) offers presentations of the highest quality, relevance, innovation, and impact. We seek proposals from thought leaders and specialists in the field of keyboard pedagogy as well as rising professionals who show evidence of significant promise in the discipline. In addition, we seek proposals from qualified individuals in cognate fields such as music education, music therapy, psychology, kinesiology, and other related disciplines.
Although not limited by these considerations, NCKP seeks proposals of interest from the following general populations:
- Independent music teachers
- Collegiate pedagogy teachers
- Students and young professionals
Although not limited by these considerations, NCKP seeks proposals for sessions and content within the following broad 'tracks':
- Fundamentals and innovations in basic pedagogy
- Business of teaching
NCKP gives equal consideration for proposals without regard to the presenter's race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, military status, veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Proposals are selected through one of the following procedures:
- Direct invitation by the Executive Planning Committee (EPC) of NCKP
- Acceptance of an unsolicited proposal submitted to the EPC according to the guidelines described herein
- Solicitation by one of the standing NCKP committees with approval of the EPC.
- Abstract of proposed session, maximum of 350 words.
- Resume or CV of presenter(s) that includes information on past conference appearances, presenter websites, publications, etc.
- Exact title of proposed session (including subtitle if applicable) as it would appear in the program.
- Exact name and short bio (35-50 words) of presenter(s) as they would appear in the program.
- Description of session not to exceed 75 words as it would appear in the program.
- Digital photo(s) of presenter(s) suitable for program. Color head shot preferred; 300dpi. You may submit more than one photo.
- Brief description of supporting technology required for session including pianos, digital pianos or keyboards, audio-visual resources, etc. If a proposal is accepted, additional details will be solicited by NCKP.
Note: all content will be subject to editing to align with NCKP standards.
The deadline to submit proposals was October 15, 2014. Thank you for your submissions!
- All persons who submit proposals will be notified of final program decisions by December 1, 2014.
- Presenting at NCKP is a volunteer activity and NCKP does not offer compensation or reimbursement for personal expenses of any kind, including travel, hotel, long-distance telephone charges, or other expenses incurred in connection with presenting NCKP.
- For many, if not most, presenters, the expenses incurred to present at NCKP is a tax-deductible expense. Appropriate legal advice should be sought before claiming such a deduction.
- Certain pre-approved expenses incurred by presenters may be reimbursed. Such expenses must be approved in advance in writing by the EB and will be limited to pre-approved amounts. Examples of such expenses include postage and/or photocopying of research materials. Original receipts of pre-approved expenses must be presented before reimbursements can be made.